I spent the first half listening to the game. I know that announcers that are employed by the team typically have a homer mentality, but it felt like John Murphy and Mark Kelso were watching a game where there were some ‘aw shucks’ moments. After watching most of the second half all I came away with was a drubbing.
– I feel awful for Kevin Kolb. It appears that if his career is not over he will have to pass extremely rigorous tests in order to even get on a practice field. He was not a guy I wanted to see leading my team. I still hate to see him lose it this way.
– The only player to impress me in a big way was traded to the Lions for 4th year pro Thaddeus Lewis. Chris White made an impressive stop near the goal line during the second half, stopping the Redskin RB in his tracks. He was the immovable wall. While he was a Special Teamer first and foremost you can’t teach the play he made on Saturday. Only a player can make it happen.
– Matthew Leinart can break out his beer bong at the Ralph and feel right at home. He will just have to do it on a non-team lot.
– The team looked as bad as they have in years. You know they would face adversity at some point, but so ugly so early was a let down, especially with the momentum the franchise was moving with. I look forward to see how they rebound.
– I wish Tuel would have had the playbook opened up at some point for him. He had a rough night, but he also was kept on a very short leash. I would guess he starts against the Lions.